We recommend that you enable automatic updates on your device, to ensure that you always have the latest version of the LUX App.
- To enable automatic updates on an Apple device, go to “Settings” > [your name] > “iTunes & App Store,” and turn on “App Updates.”
- To enable automatic updates on an Android device, open the Google Play Store app, tap “Menu,” then “My apps & games,” select the LUX App, tap “More,” and tap “Enable auto update.”
Occasionally, runtime and temperature graphs are not displayed in the App. The root cause has been traced to failures with a Microsoft service. We have escalated this to Microsoft and expect to have a resolution soon. Please check back for updates.
The LUX Technical Support team is actively reviewing customer feedback to improve the App experience. We value your comments and appreciate your patience as our engineers work diligently to resolve any and all issues.
Also, you may have seen a B2CLogin prompt to “Share Your Information” when first logging in to the App. This is a default system message requesting permission for the LUX App to communicate with our server. There is no personal information or usage data being shared with any third party. We apologize for any concerns caused by this phrasing and are working to clarify this message for App users.
We have released a new version of the LUX App for Android and iOS users to address several reported issues. If you have already enabled your device for automatic updates, no action is required on your end.
Please check back frequently for more updates and enhancements, or contact Technical Support with any questions.
LUX App v2.0.66 (Android)
This update includes:
- New app preferences:
- “App Sounds” — This feature allows you to play or mute all app sounds.
- “Banners” — This feature shows or hides the energy impact banner that appears at the top of the dashboard when you manually change the target temperature.
- Schedule screen changes:
- The “Home/Away” slider was removed at the thermostat level, allowing a home/away override only at the location level.
- The temperature selector icons were removed.
- The ability to set home/away temperature preferences was added as a new option called “Home and Away Aware™ Temp” under the advanced settings for the selected thermostat.
- “Pause Schedule” functional changes:
- An alert is shown if you try to change the temperature on the dashboard screen when the thermostat is off.
- An alert is shown if you try to play or pause the schedule on the schedule screen when the thermostat is off.
- “Pause Schedule” options now include:
- Until next event
- 15 minutes
- 30 minutes
- 45 minutes
- 1 hour
- 2 hours
- 4 hours
- 6 hours
- 8 hours
- 12 hours
- 18 hours
- 24 hours
- Various bug fixes
LUX App v2.0.65 (Android)
This update includes:
- Added widget compatibility for Android users.
- With widget on home screen, can quickly check LUX thermostat’s room temperature, set temperature, system mode and connection status — all without opening the LUX App.
- Widget will automatically refresh the information it displays at regular intervals.
- Note: For users with multiple thermostats, widget will display details of the thermostat that appears first in the list.
- Added option to show/hide text in the password field.
- Fix for crashes experienced by some users when viewing location map in Home & Away Aware settings screen.
LUX App v2.0.14 (iOS)
- Fixes an issue that obscured the Wi-Fi password field during the process of adding a thermostat.
- Fixes an issue that didn’t allow users to change the schedule under certain circumstances.
- Increases the app’s stability and performance.
LUX App v2.0.63 (Android) & v2.0.13 (iOS)
This update provides:
- Quick dashboard access — If you only have single thermostat connected, the app will automatically display its dashboard.
- Scheduling enhancements — You can edit the starting and ending times of scheduled events, and easily swipe left or right to change the day.
- Assorted dashboard enhancements —
- Improved dial control lets you easily adjust the set temperature by one degree.
- You can quickly adjust the set temperature by holding the dial all the way to the left or right.
- Changes to the set temperature are easier to observe.
- Icons are labeled to provide greater clarity.
- The dashboard’s readability has been improved.
- Bug fixes — Issues that caused the app to crash intermittently have been resolved.
Canadian Alexa: Canadian users were experiencing issues while trying to connect their LUX smart thermostats to Alexa. This was fixed as of November 19, 2020 by republishing the Alexa skills for Canada.
LUX App v2.0.12
The update has fixed:
- Various crashes related to scheduling
- Heat Pump mode display issues
- An issue which freezes the GEO at step 2 when adding it to a location
- An issue which causes temperature calibration to reset to 0
- Time and time zone discrepancies
- Unexpected changes to “Temperature” and “Mode” settings
- Alexa and Google stability issues
- Other stability and performance improvements
- Added device ID to device “Settings” menu